March 14, 2017 - Accelerating Your Cell Therapy
Web Seminar Flyer
Registration for the web seminar
A free, interactive web seminar to discuss the revised PACT Program and to answer participants’ questions about the program’s goals, the application process and criteria, and the details surrounding PACT manufacturing assistance.
Representatives from the 5 PACT Cell Processing Facilities will present on their diverse product manufacturing capabilities. NHLBI and Emmes will discuss the program’s scope and application process.
- Joseph Gold, PhD - Center for Biomedicine and Genetics, City of Hope
- Dr. Joseph Gold spent 16 years at Geron Corporation, leading research into therapeutic applications of embryonic stem cells. He served for 4 years as associate director of translational research at Stanford Cardiovascular Institute, and is now Director of Manufacturing at the Center for Biomedicine and Genetics in the Beckman Research Institute at City of Hope.
- Linda Kelley, PhD - Moffitt Cancer Center
- Dr. Linda Kelley is a Professor of Oncological Sciences at the University of South Florida and Senior Member at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. She serves as the Director of the Moffitt cGMP Cell Therapy Facility.
- Adrian Gee MI Biol, PhD - Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine
- Adrian Gee is the Director of GMP facilities at the Center for Cell & Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He has more than 30 years experience in cellular therapies, with particular interest in regulatory aspects, facility design and manufacturing technologies. He was instrumental in the founding of the International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) and the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cell Therapy (FACT).
- Aisha Khan, PhD (candidate) - ISCI Cellular Manufacturing Program, University of Miami
- Aisha Khan has twenty-one years of leading-edge research experience in developing cellular therapy products, mesenchymal stem cells, cardiac progenitor stem cells, and manufacturing of various other types of cells and vaccines. She manages all aspects of medical research labs that are focused on developing various types of stem cells and manufacturing a wide variety of cellular products. Ms. Khan regularly serves as the subject matter expert and consultant for many U.S. and international organizations on cell processing, development, and manufacturing. She is involved in streamlining laboratory operations and developing SOPs in order to maintain quality assurance and compliance with all requirements of FDA, FACT, AABB, CLIA, and other organizations.
- David McKenna, MD - University of Minnesota, Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics Facility
- David McKenna is a Professor of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology and holds the American Red Cross Chair in Transfusion Medicine at the University of Minnesota. He serves as the Director of the Division of Transfusion Medicine and the Scientific and Medical Director of Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics (MCT), the University’s cGMP facility.
NHLBI (PACT funding institution) and Emmes (Coordinating Center for PACT) will discuss the program’s scope and application process.